Thank you, Upper Deck, or, the Griffey Project Became a Lot Harder, or, How I Spent My Strasburg Money (Part 3)

Posted by Jonathan @ RGB Cards | Posted in , , ,

On the occasion of Sufjan Stevens's 35 1/6th birthday, a post title that sounds like it could have been one of his songs...

I posted the first card I bought with some of my Strasburg Money - it was a 2009 Spectrum Swatches Ken Griffey card, as you can see from the link. Well, guess what? It turns out that Junior has not one, but two cards in the Spectrum Swatches subset. Which means twice the relic and auto cards I need to collect. There's this one, the "base" card, SS-KG:


And then there's this one, which arrived in my mailbox a few days ago. It's card SS-GR:


Both show Griffey in his Reds uniform, but with a White Sox logo. And because of that, both need to be collected. Damn you, Upper Deck!!! *shakes fist in the general direction of Richard McWilliam*

Also in the mail was this little beauty:


I was perusing the seller's other listing for cards I could buy to save on shipping, when I came across this little beauty. The patches themselves are plain - boring old gray and white, although Felix's looks like it has a seam. But hey, any time you can get a serial numbered quad patch card featuring two of the players you collect, you gotta do it, right? The only question is, do I need to get two? One for the King Felix collection, and one for the Freak collection? What do you all think? Let me know in the comments section.

More cards are on their way from America, Stay tuned for parts 4, 5, 6, etc. in the epic series...

Comments (1)

    I hate when cards fall into multiple categories! OK, maybe I secretly love it, but it's still annoying. :-)