Crackin' the Obak

Posted by Jonathan @ RGB Cards | Posted in ,

Well, I started opening my box of Tristar Obak yesterday. No, not the 2010 version, but the 2009 box. We're a bit behind here in Australia.

I like the release, I like all the "hits" (even if some of them are stretching the definition of hit), and I like the first that the set is fairly small (around 120 cards). I'm trying to decide if I should get a couple more boxes when I order my Ginter box. I guess it all depends on how many cards I still need when I finish this box off.

By the way, I'm waiting until the price of Ginter drops to the point where buying a box and having it shipped here is cheaper than it would have been to by a box when I was in the States in July. It's almost at that point, so I should be ordering it soon. We're getting our taxes done in a couple of weeks (everything is upside down here in Australia, even the tax year) and I hope to go on a buying spree with our big-ass refund. My wife keeps talking about buying stuff like grass for the backyard with the money. Where are her priorities?


I feel as though I should post at least one card. Digging through the archives, I found this Jay Bruce card, in honor of his 4-for-5 performance in the Reds' 11-7 win over the Diamondbacks yesterday. That's a three-game lead now, in case you're scoring at home.

Comments (0)