From the friendly skies

Posted by Jonathan @ RGB Cards | Posted in

Well not quite, but I am sitting in the departure lounge at the Sydney airport waiting to board my flight to America. And since I have some time, and the pictures are all loaded up, how about another post about my 2009 Topps break? Ain't technology wonderful?

No hits in these four packs, but have a look anyway. Next time I talk to you all, I'll be back in the States!

Pack 29

252 - Brandon Wood
95 - Andrew Miller


149 - Juan Uribe
310 - Johan Santana
264 - Dave Bush


18 - George Sherrill
267 - Michael Bowden (RC)
33 - Jose Guillen
142 Brad Penny

Pack 30

190 - Chien-Ming Wang
52 - Marco Scutaro
178 - Frank Catalanotto
1 - Alex Rodriguez (Ironically found in a Ryan Howard pack)


TR26 - Cristian Guzman


273 - Brian Roberts
271 - Cliff Lee AL Cy Young
90 - Justin Morneau
304 - Jason Kubel

Pack 31

53 - Jonathan Sanchez
130 - Vladimir Guerrero
311 - Kelly Shoppach


290 - Albert Pujols
258 - Casey Kotchman
108 - Alcides Escobar (RC)
44 - Geoff Jenkins
175 - Jeff Samardzija
232 - Gabe Kapler

Pack 32

100 - David Wright (My first "00" card of the set)
323 - Vicente Padilla
330 - Daisuke Matsuzaka
139 - Postseason Highlights Matt Stairs NLDS
147 - NL RBI Leaders


LG20 - Mickey Mantle Legends of the Game (Why isn't this LG7?)


6 - Raul Ibanez
91 - Cody Ross


7 - Mickey Mantle (A double Mick pack! I like how it's a card of him as a shortstop)

Just four more packs left until this box is put to bed and my want lists are updated. As I write this, my anger over the US 2-2 draw with Slovenia is slowly lessening. (ed. note - you can tell how long ago I opened this pack) It was still a match we totally should have won, both on paper and in actual fact. As Bill Simmons said, is there a sport that referees don't completely eff up?

Comments (0)