I'm a putz

Posted by Jonathan @ RGB Cards | Posted in , ,

So you know that big long post yesterday about going through two packs of 1993 O-Pee-Chees and not finding a single Red, Oriole, Mariner, Athletic or White Sox? Not sure how I missed this gem, right near the beginning:


In my defense, it's not terribly obvious that he plays for the M's in this card. There's no logos on the front, his back is turned so you can't see the team name, and his cap is partially obscured. Also, despite his four lackluster years in Seattle, I tend to think of him as a Brewer (as I'm guessing do most people). I know - excuses, excuses. If I had bothered to look carefully at the back of the card, it would have been a lot more obvious:

As penance, I am wearing my brand-new 59Fifty M's cap that I got as a gift from my tee-ball team to remind me what exactly a Mariners cap looks like, every time I look in the mirror. I'm sorry, Chris Bosio.

Comments (0)