Yep, I've definitely moved to a small town

Posted by Jonathan @ RGB Cards | Posted in

Here in country WA, we do things a bit differently. After work, I walked down to the post office, which is conveniently located two blocks from school. Opened up my mailbox to find...nothing. Just like yesterday. And Friday. This is getting ridiculous, because I know there should be some trade packages.

So I went inside, to see if maybe the mail was in the back instead. In speaking to the postmaster (who is the grandmother of one of my students - another sign it's a small town), I found out that Australia Post didn't send the mail today. So not only didn't I get any mail, nobody in town did.

"It happens sometimes," the postmaster said. "Sometimes they forget about us."

You gotta love it!

Comments (0)