Remember that box of UD Masterpieces?

Posted by Jonathan @ RGB Cards | Posted in , ,

The one that I opened while I was writing my reports? Well, I realised that I haven't posted the results from that box yet. I teased it a bit, but never actually showed anything. Well, here's what I got. Let's start with the big hits, because neither of them are available anymore.


The Stroke of Genius autograph was John Maine, and it's on its way to BA Benny along with a stack of other cards. I'd like to thank Mike for giving my Yankee Stadium Legacy cards a good home, along with some other cards that I know he'll like.


And you can see why I was excited about the relic. This is only the second time I've personally pulled an auto or relic of a player I collect (the other was an Ichiro jersey in 2010 Allen and Ginter). Good ol' Junior - welcome to the family. I think you're really going to like it here with all the other Junior cards.







Here are the framed cards that I pulled. It was also good for my PCs, as I got a framed Lincecum. The Jay Bruce is nice for me, too - it's a brown frame that's numbered to 100. The red Verlander already has a new home - it will be moving to Virginia to join Spankee's collection. Not sure why I got so many Padres - the Maddux and Peavy are available for trade. Eddie Murray, on the other hand, is staying here since he's wearing a Birds uniform (as it should be!).






The short prints in the box included Jack Morris, Steve Carlton, Mike Schmidt and Rod Carew. There was also a Yogi SP that isn't available anymore - it's going to Queens along with John Maine. I'm keeping the Ripken, of course. The other ones may be available for trade soon - I purchased the complete set of SPs but had to get it shipped to my parents. Once I get the OK from them that everything is as it should be, I'll make these four cards available for trade.

Finally, I have a number of duplicate base cards that I'm willing to trade. In numerical order:

4 - Chipper Jones
5 - Max Scherzer
13 - Curt Schilling
19 - Ryne Sandberg
27 - Victor Martinez
33 - Asdrubal Cabrera
34 - Gary Sheffield
42 - Andruw Jones
70 - Jimmy Rollins
71 - Ryan Howard
77 - Jake Peavy
78 - Barry Zito
80 - Tim Lincecum
84 - Jason Varitek (x2)

As always, leave me a comment or shoot me an e-mail if you are interested in any of the available cards. You can find my contact details on the "Contact Me" page, funnily enough.

Comments (4)

    I'd be please if you chose me to trade the Morris and Carew cards to...pretty sure I can come up with something to trade back.

    uh, "pleased" even

    So I guess I don't need to request the Verlander. I almost commented before I read the words that said it was already coming my way. Thanks! I have reason to believe that I will be getting a box of Masterpieces for Christmas. I can't wait.

    Hey! I think I have that Rod Carew card too. Nice.

    moe.