Joy of a Completed Page

Posted by Jonathan @ RGB Cards | Posted in ,


In my collection, it's recorded as Page 09T2-29. One White Sox player, one A's player, three rookie cards, a manager, a nice action shot, two horizontal cards, and two perennial all-stars. Capped off in the middle with a player who was such a key figure for the Reds for many years, and the subject of one of the two baseball bobblehead dolls I have. A somewhat interesting page, but when it comes down to it, nothing terribly special.

Except that this is the first completed page that I have constructed since I got back into the hobby. It's cards 583-591 in the '09 Topps Series 2 set, and, to me, it's exciting. Even when I was a kid, I never tried to build sets. I didn't have the patience, and it was just easier to buy (or rather, get as a Christmas gift) the factory set at the end of the year. 2009 Series 2 is actually my first serious attempt at set building, and this page is my first accomplishment. Just thought I'd take a moment to share.

Comments (0)